I recently completed a webinar with MPI on “Dispelling the 5 Myths of Going Virtual.” One of the questions asked was if I could provide a list of relevant case studies in this arena. I thought this would be a great resource to provide and I will add new case studies as I find them to this list.
For now, I purposely looked at case studies from 2009-2010. These were based on articles, blog postings and case studies from vendors, including Imaste and Unisfair. Unfortunately, 6Connex and Inxpo required registration, On24 and Ubivent case studies were outdated, and VisualMente didn’t provide full details regarding objectives and results. If there are relevant case studies, please include them in the comments below.
Corporate Virtual Events Case Studies
- * HP goes virtual – Technology – Event Marketer: Overview of HP’s use of virtual event technology
- * Physical to Virtual Event Transformation – An Interview with SAP’s …: Interview with Scott Schenker of SAP regarding SAPPHIRE – looks at strategy and results.
- * Cisco Blog ” Blog Archive ” Virtual Event Key Learnings – Part Two: Key stats regarding CiscoLive 2009
- * Event Marketer: Cisco GSX Goes Virtual: Overview of Cisco GSX in Event Marketer Magazine
- * Cisco GSX 2009 Case Study on Vimeo: Cisco GSX case study.
- * Cisco Blog ” Blog Archive ” Analysis of a Virtual Event: Cisco Live case study – provides details of post-event survey between physical and virtual audiences
- * Avatars Rising in the Enterprise: GE Healthcare’s virtual exhibit highlighted.
- * KPMG Job Fair Attracts 10,000: Case study overview
- * Ariba Curbs Spending Virtually: Case study overview
- * CA’s Virtual Product Launch: Case study overview
- * Planview Grows Attendance at Virtual User Conference: Case study overview
- * ACS Drives Innovation with Virtual Training: Case study overview
- * Intuit Builds Community in the Virtual Classroom: Case study overview
- * Monster eDays: Case study overview
- * Virtual Job Fair in Brazil: Case study overview
- * Deloitte Spain Virtual Career Fair: Case study overview
Associations – Virtual Events Case Studies
- * Measuring and Maximizing the Impact of a Hybrid Event – The Virtual …: Case study on Virtual Edge Summit 2010 – look at physical and virtual attendees
- * American Payroll Association Trains Members Virtually: Case study overview
- * Grease, Gears, and Geo-location: IMTS Gets Its Social Media Groove On: IMTS case study on using social media
Publishing Virtual Events Case Studies
- * Hybrid Events: The Live/Virtual Combo – emedia and Technology …: UBM Studios discusses virtual for revenue
- * Virtual Events Come Into Their Own: Folio Magazine article that included information from Watt Publishing, Forbes, Nielsen, Futures nd Haymarket Media.
Higher Education/Government Virtual Events Case Studies
- * Virtual Environment Lab for Universidad Politécnica Madrid: Case study overview
- * On Campus Job Fair for Madrid regional government: Case study overview
- * Tour del Empleo Virtual: Case study overview of 25 Spanish Universities
Leave a comment
Additional comments powered byBackType
Cece Salomon-Lee is director of marketing for ACTIVE Network, Business Solutions division, and author of PR Meets Marketing, which explores the intersection of public relations, marketing, and social media.
This blog contains Cece's personal opinions and are not representative of her company's.
- Marylou on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- Tooth Whitening on PRMeetsMarketing Weekly Articles: October 18, 2007
- best Ventilation on Rise of Social Commerce – Nielsen and Hallmark Summaries
- canon powershot s110 review on Rise of Social Commerce – Nielsen and Hallmark Summaries
- club car battery charger on Rise of Social Commerce – Nielsen and Hallmark Summaries