I’m currently attending the Eloqua Experience Conference in San Francisco and will provide quick summaries of the keynotes/presentations that I attend.
Joe Payne, CEO of Eloqua, gave a keynote presentation this morning titled Unleashing Your Revenue Engine. Simply, the keynote highlighted the concept of Revenue Performance Management or RPM.
RPM in a Nutshell
The idea is to provide sales and marketing with a consistent way to measure and report efforts back to the C-Suite. For example, looking at days leads outstanding (DLO), which analyzes the number of days of marketing quality leads (MQL) to closed sales.
Eloqua is proposing a single framework – called the C-Suite 16 (“Suite 16″ for basketball fans), which provides reports across all industries. With this framework, C-level, sales and marketing can pinpoint key questions to identify opportunities and grow the company versus focusing on “marketing is giving us bad leads” or “sales isn’t working the leads.”
Too often, we hear about the friction between sales and marketing. With a consistent language and methodology, this gap can finally be closed, allowing sales & marketing to drive corporate growth forward, cooperatively. Kudos to Eloqua if it succeeds in developing this common language.
Leave a comment
Additional comments powered byBackType
Cece Salomon-Lee is director of product marketing for Lanyon Solutions, Inc. and author of PR Meets Marketing, which explores the intersection of public relations, marketing, and social media.
This blog contains Cece's personal opinions and are not representative of her company's.
- search engine marketing firm on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- http://www.druzinskifotograf.si on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- this domain on Measuring PR: The Quick and Easy Way
- gift shopping on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- Cindi on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events