While there are a lot of posts about how to pitch a blogger, I thought it would be an interesting twist to list the top five mistakes I’ve made a la Letterman style:
My Top 5 Pitching Blogger Mistakes
Number 5: Oops – I thought that was MISS Blogger, not MISTER Blogger
Number 4: Spellcheck is a wonderful technology…when you USE it
Number 3: I’m not stalking you honestly. Could you just puhleeze respond to me?
Number 2: Sorry – didn’t realize you just wrote about this… yesterday!
And the number 1 mistake that I’ve made pitching a blogger:
Who cares about YOUR interests, it’s all about ME
What mistakes have you made? Bonus points for your Letterman style list!
technorati tags: blogging social media pr marketing public relations pitching bloggers media relations
del.icio.us tags: blogging social media pr marketing public relations pitching bloggers media relations
icerocket tags: blogging social media pr marketing public relations pitching bloggers media relations
All content copyright Cece Salomon-Lee, Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, with the attribution: By Cece Salomon-Lee, PR Meets Marketing, and a link to the post.
Leave a comment
Additional comments powered byBackType
Cece Salomon-Lee is director of product marketing for Lanyon Solutions, Inc. and author of PR Meets Marketing, which explores the intersection of public relations, marketing, and social media.
This blog contains Cece's personal opinions and are not representative of her company's.
- cockpit spring lake bait freezer on PRMM Interview #16: Chris Abraham on PR and Social Media
- marketing en internet on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- Http://Groundbeeftacos.Com on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- Mark Birnbaum EMM on Would YOU Trust a PR Agency Not Involved in Social Media with YOUR Social Media Programs?
- search engine marketing firm on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events