I went to the blogger social last weekend in New York and was it an event. I was amazed at how 80 bloggers came together to meet, chat and get to know one another. I have to admit. I knew who some of the folks who were in the room through my RSS feed or twitter. But I didn’t recognize most at first (I should blame it on jetlag!). I should have read bios and checked out everyone’s blogs. Heck, many SHOULD have been on my feed to begin with.
Despite this, I found the event fantastic. I met so many smart and funny folks. And now my husband is thinking of starting his own blog. Save me now…
I’m already planning to meet folks at Ad:tech next week. The friendships forged truly highlight the benefits of writing a blog. Yes, yes – people are making money or seeking to drive business via blogs, but the relationships are more valuable in the end.
I would love to attend the next social. Rumors are leaning toward Europe. That may be a stretch, but you never know. As I come down from the Blogger Social 08 High, here is what I’m thankful for:
- CK , Drew McLellan and Lori Magno for planning an awesome event.
- All the companies who donated awesome swhag – Jim Beam via Jason Falls, MarketingProfs membership via Ann Handley, Ideablog and others I can’t remember.
- All the authors (or their publicists) who donated their books and just increased my reading list for the next year – Geoff Livingston(aka I am Joe Jaffe), Rohit Bhargava, Tsufit, John Rosen/AnnaMaria Turano, Steve Cone, Tom Asacker, and Brian Reich/Dan Solomon.
- For providing me with enough T-Shirts that I can ruin with pain, backyard gardening and more.
- Most of all, thanks to all the awesome bloggers who came to the event:
Susan Bird Tim Brunelle Katie Chatfield Matt Dickman Luc Debaisieux Gianandrea Facchini Mark Goren Gavin Heaton Sean Howard CK Valeria Maltoni Drew McLellan Doug Meacham Marilyn Pratt Steve Roesler Greg Verdino CB Whittemore Steve Woodruff Paul McEnany Ann Handley David Reich Tangerine Toad Kristin Gorski Mack Collier David Armano Ryan Barrett Lori Magno Tim McHale Gene DeWitt Mario Vellandi Arun Rajagopal Joseph Jaffe Rohit Bhargava Anna Farmery Marianne Richmond Thomas Clifford Lewis Green Geoff Livingston Kris Hoet Connie Reece Cece Lee Toby Bloomberg Seni Thomas Darryl Ohrt Joe Kutchera Paul Dunay Marshall Sponder Chris Kieff Tara Anderson Jason Falls Paul Soldera Roberta Rosenberg Saul Colt Todd Andrlik Nathan Snell Ryan Karpeles Mike Sansone Jennifer Laycock Neil Vineberg Cam Beck Mike Arauz Matthew Bailey Heather Gorringe John Rosen Cathleen Rittereiser Tamar Weinberg Rita Perea Linda Sherman Matthew McDonald Kaitlyn Wilkins Terry Starbucker Jennifer Berk Jane Quigley John Wall Scott Monty Kevin Horne Virginia Miracle Amanda Gravel Susan Reynolds David Polinchock Shashi Bellamkonda David Berkowitz Vahe Habeshian
Leave a comment
Additional comments powered byBackType
Cece Salomon-Lee is director of product marketing for Lanyon Solutions, Inc. and author of PR Meets Marketing, which explores the intersection of public relations, marketing, and social media.
This blog contains Cece's personal opinions and are not representative of her company's.
- spirit lords hack 2015 on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- detecto scales on Going Virtual Isn’t Necessarily the Answer to Replacing Your Physical Events
- ???? vpn on Social Media 101: Content Marketing
- ???? vpn on Five Ways to Get Hung Up On
- ?????? ????? ????? ???? on Book Review – Digital Body Language by Steven Woods