The way the announcer was proceeding, we thought the ad was an anti NSAID commercial. It described the risks of NSAIDs, including Celebrex.
We were VERY surprised when the advert was actually for Celebrex. This was a little bit counter intuitive. You’re trying to SELL a drug by discussing what the problems are with them to begin with?
Pharma Marketing Blog also provides a good break down from the industry perspective.
But from a consumer perspective, won’t this backfire. Is it just me? You be the judge. Check out the Celebrex ad here.
Leave a comment
Additional comments powered byBackType
Cece Salomon-Lee is director of marketing for ACTIVE Network, Business Solutions division, and author of PR Meets Marketing, which explores the intersection of public relations, marketing, and social media.
This blog contains Cece's personal opinions and are not representative of her company's.
- rottarcos.com on Top Ten Questions for Sweepstakes … Marketing Pilgrim
- Entertainment Without Boundaries | Naturally UnprEVENTable on Holograms to Make Virtual Appearances at Future Events
- http://s.coop/ on Rise of Social Commerce – Nielsen and Hallmark Summaries
- Chris Parente on My top 5 don’ts of LinkedIn
- Cece Salomon-Lee on The Four Stages of Social Media